I am switching my dog to this food from Pro Plan Performance (now sport 30/20) ingredients look better, price is better only down side is it only available at Tractor Supply (close to my home fortunatly for me). I am switching to 4health performance which is also 30/20 and for your comments I am copying the info here. Anyone else tried this stuff? Comparing ingredients its better than PPP and better priced. I got 35lbs bag for 35 bucks was paying 50 for PPP 37.5lbs.
From the Bag
4health™Performance Formula for Adult Dogs is specifically formulated to meet the nutritional needs of your highly active sporting or working dog. With 30% protein and 20% fat, this energy dense formulation will help keep your active dog in ideal lean body condition while supporting the strength and stamina that active dogs need.
- Great Taste - Fresh chicken satisfies your dog's taste preference.
- Antioxidant Formulation - Contains guaranteed levels of vitamin E and selenium for optimal antioxidant nutrition.
- Contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin - Contains 600 mg/kg glucosamine hydrochloride and 200 mg/kg chondroitin sulfate.
- Omega Fatty Acid Nutrition - A blend of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids helps keep the skin and coat healthy and shiny.
- Natural Fiber Blend - Dried plain beet pulp and dried chicory root work together to help support healthy digestion.
- Natural Grains - A blend of rice and barley provides optimal carbohydrate nutrition.
Chicken, chicken meal, ground rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), egg product, dried plain beet pulp, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, yucca schidigera extract, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
Crude Protein 30.0% (min.), Crude Fat 20.0% (min.), Crude Fiber 3.0% (max.), Moisture 10.0% (max.), Zinc 150 mg/kg (min.), Selenium 0.4 mg/kg (min.), Vitamin E 150 IU/kg (min.), Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 3.3% (min.), Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.5% (min.), Glucosamine* 600 mg/kg (min.), Chondroitin Sulfate* 200 mg/kg (min.),
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO dog food nutrient profile.
4,019 kcal/kg (376 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy